Thursday, January 30, 2014

Orange and Pink Dress

Another project I neglected to write about in 2013!
image
I purchased this fabric back in August and didn’t start sewing it until November. Oops!
image
This project was inspired by the “Spring has Sprung” dress I saw on Modcloth about a year ago. Of course, when I finally decided to purchase this dress, it was sold out.
When I saw this fabric at Joann’s, I knew I could pull this dress off fairly easily and the result would be similar enough to the Modcloth dress. Instead of a cotton neck strap, I turned to Etsy for the black appliques, which I hand stitched on carefully. Beneath the dress is a white cotton lining, complete with ruffle skirt, to give it even more fullness.
Unfortunately, I made the body of this dress back in the beginning of November, when I was about 10 pounds heavier. When I finally got around to sewing the lace on and finishing it, it was rather large on me and taking it in was not a task I was feeling up to. It looks pretty good on me with a belt, but my mother has kind of stolen it away from me and is wearing it herself.
Oh well! I’m still very happy with the result.
More coat sew along happenings on Tuesday!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment